Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rosa Parks 1913-2005

I'm totally convinced that about 95% of history is a complete accident. The other 5% is the most powerful; it is manipulated by the 1% in charge that control everything. (I'm done with percentages, at least with this post)

The 95% (sorry) is what truly fascinates me, though. It gives me hope for the future, that any one of us, at the right place at the right time, if the planets align just right, can truly make a difference.

Rosa Parks was tired and just wanted to get home on that historic day back in 1955. When she was asked to give up her seat, she refused. She wasn't looking for a fight, or a protest. She just wanted what everyone else wanted: respect and a seat on a damn bus!

Of course, it was the start of something great, bigger than her, bigger than Dr. King, bigger than any one person. In ten years, a woman refusing to surrender her seat becomes a quarter of a million people marching on our nation's capital. To me, that's awesome. The best part of life is that you never know, you may be called next.

R.I.P.

p.s.: Ever wonder how our friends at Fox News would have handled Rosa Parks and the civil rights movement? Well, wonder no more!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosa Benito said...

Prompted
Reaction to current events by INtake's Blog Squad Parks-like leaders needed This is a woman who deserves great praise and admiration from the public and most especially the black community for her courage and ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to construction ky road on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like construction ky road!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Georgina Black said...

Dear fellow blogger,

I perused your post with much interest as I was looking for ways to trade in construction ky
. But unfortunately your post did not exactly cover trading in construction ky
. Yet I have fount a website that allows you to trade in almost anything like construction ky
on interest free credit, and you can pay for your construction ky
whenever you want. Here is the link one more time: construction ky
.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Rose Austin said...

Dear fellow blogger,

I perused your post with much interest as I was looking for ways to trade in tennesse road
. But unfortunately your post did not exactly cover trading in tennesse road
. Yet I have fount a website that allows you to trade in almost anything like tennesse road
on interest free credit, and you can pay for your tennesse road
whenever you want. Here is the link one more time: tennesse road
.

2:10 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
Look who checking out my accident auto lawyer pennsylvania blog?

10:15 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
I want you to stop and compare with my blog.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home